Old Fashioned Garlic Butter Rice is the perfect side for any meal or to pair with leftover chicken curry from buka puasa. It's full of flavour and a time-saving Suhoor recipe
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Scallions, finely sliced
- Salt & white pepper
8 cloves garlic, finely sliced & cook till crispy
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add garlic slices and sauté until golden and crisp. Then, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Remove the excess oil from the pot and add butter. Once the butter melted, add in minced garlic and cook until it turns to light brown.
- Add in rice and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Serve in a large bowl and top with the crispy garlic and scallions. Enjoy!